Located on the outskirts of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Comite Park Trail is a great place for intermediate mountain biking. Hiking is fun, but you may be stepping out of the way of bikers and swatting at horse flies. Definitely bring bug spray!
Overall this was a very fun trail, but I would have preferred to bring a mountain bike than to go hiking here. If you’re looking for hiking, I suggest driving 30 minutes further to Clark Creek in Tunica Hills.
- Great for mountain biking
- Well-maintained trails
- Mostly in the shade of thick tree canopies
- Expect horse flies to nip at your heels
- Must hike a good ways before finding sand bars
- Overgrown woods leave little room for off-trail exploration